QuickBooks Enterprise Edition Overview
All QuickBooks editions — Pro, Premier, Accountant, and Enterprise — have the core features including creating invoices/estimates, recording payments/deposits, and generating reports. Basically, the differences of the versions are the number of users, industry-specify reporting, advanced inventory tools, forecasting tools, and data capacity.
QuickBooks Enterprise Edition is designed for small to medium-sized businesses that have annual revenues of more than $1 million and have 20 to 250 employees. The Enterprise version also allows for up to 30 different users.
QuickBooks Enterprise is designed as a stand-alone system, and offers advanced features and functionalities for companies and no-profits, specifically those that are growing and expanding.
QuickBooks Enterprise provides industry-specific editions with features that can help businesses scale up to meet the demands of their specific industries.
QuickBooks Enterprise has features, tools and reports for these and other industries:
- Professional Services
Membership in Priority Circle
As an Enterprise customer you will be a member of the Priority Circle. This membership provides a dedicated Customer Success Manager, who will address specific business needs and questions, and will move your calls to the top. You will also receive complimentary online product training.
Other basic features, benefits and modules of Enterprise include:
- Easy management of Reporting and Finances Easily
- Advanced Inventory
- User Role Permissions
- Payroll and Employees
- Security and Productivity Tools
A Quick Look at Additional QuickBooks Enterprise Features
The following are more features that set the Enterprise edition apart from others:
- Easy Setup
- Central User Roles/Permissions
- Billing/Mobile Payments
- Bin Location Tracking
- Barcode Scanning w/mobile device support
- FIFO Inventory Costing
- Multiple location Inventory
- Lot or Serial Number Tracking
- Industry Functionality and Vocabulary
- Accountant’s Copy Conversion
- Accountant’s Center
- Automatic Inventory
- File Manager
- Sales and Customers
- Purchasing and Vendors
- Sales Order Fulfillment
- Security and Productivity Tools
- Advancing Pricing
- Manufacturer Markdowns
- Quantity Discounts
- Field Service Management
- Price Changes by Class
- Work Orders and Scheduling
New in QuickBooks Enterprise 2019
QuickBooks is known for releasing new editions every year that include many new features and enhancement. Here are some of the new features included in Enterprise 2019:
- Enhanced Pick, Pack, and Ship — Picking, packing, and shipping is easier with the newest version, with a central dashboard that allows tracking and management of sales orders from start to finish.
- Cycle Count — This new feature informs you of what is in stock real time without having to do a physical inventory. The central inventory dashboard allows tracking of inventory in different warehouses, enabling the efficient import or export of inventory levels as needed.
- Improved Management of Payroll Permissions — Enterprise 2019 allows you to set user roles and permission for more than 115 activities, including payroll. By using explicit permissions, unauthorized access can be prevented, as well as protection of sensitive information.
While this is a very brief look at the QuickBooks Enterprise features, there are two blogs, which go into more detail about all the different QuickBooks editions. These informative blogs can help you select the best version for your company.